CHILLIWACK – The B.C. government is providing $26,323 in funding to support the Boundary Road Shoulder Bike Way project in Chilliwack. There will be an 800 metre bike lane on the east side of the road from Yarrow Central Road to No. 3 Road. This complements the existing bikeway on the west side of the road, encouraging cyclists to ride on the correct side of the road.
- Since 2001, the B.C. government has committed over $148 million in cycling infrastructure, creating new bicycle lanes and trails in over 75 communities.
- Last year, the B.C. government committed $7.25 million in BikeBC funding throughout the province.
- Cycling 10 kilometres to and from work every day would reduce your greenhouse gas emissions by 15,000 kg a year.
- Cycling eight kilometres is equal to 30 minutes of moderate exercise.
- For more information about Bike BC, visit: www.th.gov.bc.ca/BikeBC